The Best Brisket EVER!

Print Friendly

Bolner Jalapeno Steak

The best brisket I’ve ever had HANDS DOWN came from Bolner’s Meat Market on the south side of San Antonio. This 20 pound giant is stuffed with jalapeños and garlic cloves, spiced with your favorite rub and slow cooked all evening so that it’s just perfect the next day for your party. Joe Doria, Bolner’s amazing Master Butcher, shared his cooking tips with me awhile back. I’ve cooked this brisket numerous times, and it’s never failed to amaze.

We start the brisket out on the grill with our smoker. After a couple of hours soaking up that fabulous mesquite goodness, I move the giant hunk of juicy meat inside to my oven (covered in foil) set at about 175 degrees. I let it cook all night…about 8 hours. The next morning you’ll wake up hungry! Brisket tacos with scrambled eggs never tasted so good.

This brisket is guaranteed to be a hit at your next get together – tailgating or not! For more delicious recipes and fun food and wine pairing ideas, subscribe to my newsletter.

11 Responses to The Best Brisket EVER!

frank hodel says: September 26, 2012 at 5:54 pm

how can i get the recipe for the best brisket ever. also 10 lbs instead of 20 lbs.

t.u.

Tanji says: September 26, 2012 at 10:43 pm

The details are in the copy on the post. You can ‘marry’ two smaller briskets and layer the sliced jalapeños and garlic in between then tie together with kitchen twice OR cut a larger brisket almost in half and stuff with jalapeños and garlic cloves…then tie. Rub your favorite spices generously all over and smoke for about 2 hours outside on the grill then cover with foil cook at about 175-185 degrees for about 7-8 hours. You can remove the foil the last hour if you like.

Mark Anderson says: September 27, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Saw a artical in a local paper Here Zone 4. Would like to have more detail on this recipe.

Tanji says: September 29, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Hi Mark-
    What kind of details would you like? I just got off the phone with Joe Doria…he’s a MASTER butcher at Bolner’s Meat Market in SA. He created this delicious brisket. 210-533-5112 is the number where you can reach him if you’d like to speak directly to Joe. Otherwise, shoot your questions my way, and I’ll get you some answers. Thanks! :)

tom legan says: October 10, 2012 at 5:05 am

the “best brisket ever” made me hungry, now i will have to try it on a much smaller scale though. only two of us.

sandra says: December 3, 2012 at 12:58 am

Tanji, Do you open up the brisket and stuff it before the pit when you start out or open up and stuff it before the oven step? Wrap the meat or just put in the pan and cover w/foil?
Pickled or fresh jalapenos, seeded or whole?
Concerned about the meat getting too hot with the peppers and kids not being able to enjoy. How many peppers would you recommend, if whole or seeded?
I am really anxious to try this!!!!
Thanks!