- 3 pounds Jumbo Lump Crabmeat, fresh
- ¼ cup Oil, Olive Oil
- ½ cup Onion, ¼ inch diced
- ½ cup Red Pepper, ¼ inch diced
- ½ cup Celery, ¼ inch diced
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley, fresh chopped
- 1 cup Mayonnaise, heavy duty
- 1 Tablespoon Oil, Olive
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic, Minced
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun Spices
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- ½ teaspoon L&P Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt, Kosher
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper, White
12 - 4 oz Crabcakes
Summer’s true treat has arrived! The savvy Sullivan’s Steakhouse is rolling out their new jumbo crabcake…flaky golden brown crust and a supreme Cajun garlic sauce I encourage you to try – YUM!
1. Heat a small skillet and add the oil to the pan.
2. Add the onions, celery and red peppers to the oil and cook till tender.
3. Once the vegetables are tender, transfer them to a small platter and chill under refrigeration.
4. Once the vegetables are cool, transfer them to a small cold stainless steel bowl and add all remaining ingredients.
5. Fold the ingredients together to combine and then let mixture chill for 1 hour.
6. Once mixture is chilled and flavors have married together, gather the crabcake base into an ice cream scoop and pack with the palm of your hand to form.
7. Scoop the formed crabcake and turn out onto a small cookie sheet or pie pan.
8. Once crabcakes are formed bake for 12-15 minutes @ 400 degrees. Surface of crabcake will brown slightly.
9. Cook till crabcake are heated throughout. Once done, reserve warm till ready to plate.
1. Place oil in a small saucepan and toast garlic till golden brown.
2. Add the heavy cream and reduce to a ½ cup in volume.
3. Add all ingredients and bring mixture to a boil and reduce back to ½ cup in volume.
4. The sauce should be thick enough to coat the plate or platter of choice.
1. Take Plate or Platter of choice and warm slightly so not to cool off sauce or crabcakes.
2. Once warm, ladle sauce on surface of the dish of choice then with a spatula transfer the crabcakes down the dish.
3. You can garnish with celery leaves, fresh chopped chives or fresh parsley and lemon.