- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce blended
- 1 cup shredded white cabbage
- 8 sprigs fresh chopped cilantro, 1/2 medium fresh jalepeño pepper deseeded and deveined, thinly julienned
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 6 oz Tilapia or other white fish fillets, cut into two inch fillets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 corn tortillas (preferably homemade)
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup escabeche (thinly sliced pickled red onion and jalapeños - homemade or store bought)
- 1/4 cup queso fresco, crumbled (purchase in the dairy section of your grocery store)
PERFECT for Lent! Rosario’s has been a San Antonio fixture in South Town for many years, and it’s one of my favorite restaurants. This is a recipe you have got to try: Rosario’s Famous Fish Tacos. So delicious – and surprisingly easy!
Combine mayonnaise, chipotle pepper in adobo sauce in a small bowl.
Combine cabbage, cilantro, red onion, jalepeño, lime juice and set aside.
Combine vegetable oil, garlic and salt – mix in medium bowl. Place fish in bowl and marinate for at least 10 minute or longer refrigerated. Place into skillet and cook over medium- heat for 2 minutes per side or until cooked through – until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
Fill each hot corn tortilla with 2 ounces of fish and drizzle with chipotle mayo and cabbage lime slaw. Top off with diced avocado, escabeche and queso fresco and enjoy!