- 3/4 cup Risotto
- 2 oz White Wine
- 4 ea Shrimp
- 1 oz Minced Shallots
- 2 oz Bay Scallops
- 1 oz Minced Garlic
- 4 ea Clams
- 3 oz Butter
- 4 ea Mussels
- 2 oz Ground Parmesan Cheese
- 2 oz Calamari
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 12 oz Clam Juice 8 oz
- Italian Parsley Pinch
If ever there was an Italian ‘comfort’ food, risotto has to be it. This delicious dish from Trattoria Il Mulino, one of famed chef Michele Mazza, recommends this seafood risotto with a lovely Brunello…bellisimo!
1. Heat olive oil in a sauce pan and add garlic and shallots. When shallots become translucent add risotto.
2. Deglaze pan with white wine and add clam juice.
3. Cover and cook for 3 minutes, add seafood and more clam juice as needed.
4. When risotto becomes tender and almost all of the liquid is gone add half the butter and season with salt and pepper.
5. Add other half of butter, parmesan cheese and parsley. Mix until creamy consistency.
6. Place in pasta bowl and garnish with chopped parsley.