- 1 Tbsp Hill Country Fare Canola Oil
- 1 pound Hill Country Fare Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, thawed & thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1 cup chopped Tomatoes
- 1 cup shreeded HEB Fat-Free Cheddar
- 1 15-ounce can Hill Country Fare Enchilada Sauce (red or green)
- 2 HEB White Corn Tortillas, cut into thin strips
- One Serving= 1 ½ cups
- Calories 290, Total fat 9 g, Saturated fat 1 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 840 mg, Total Carbohydrate 16 g, Dietary Fiber 3 g, Sugars 4 g, Protein 36 g.
- Diabetic Exchanges: ½ vegetable, ½ starch, 5 meats, 1 fat
The surprise with this dish…is that it’s high-protein and low-carb…and still DELICIOUS! This recipe from HEB is easy and family-friendly too! You’ll love it.
1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Spray a 9 X 13-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
2. Heat a large skillet over high heat for 3 minutes. Add the oil and thins sliced chicken and stir fry the chicken for 3 to 4 minutes or until fully cooked. Season the chicken to taste with pepper.
3. Combine the chicken, onion, tomato, shredded cheese and enchilada sauce in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the tortilla strips on top and bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly on the edges and tortillas are golden. Serve immediately.