- 1 oz olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons green onion
- 2 teaspoons chili flake
- 3 fluid ounces white wine
- 5 ounces crawfish tails
- 1.5 ounces unsalted butter
- T. T salt
- Small pinch sugar
- Very small pinch (8 fibers) saffron
- 2 silver dollar medallions goat cheese
- 2 half moon shape crostinis
To this day, the legendary Gaido’s in Galveston continues to serve the Crawfish Chili I fell in love with as a child. It’s incredible! Don’t let the name fool you…it’s surprisingly sweet! And it comes topped with gooey goat cheese.
1. Heat Olive Oil in Pan
2. Sweat Green Onion and Garlic (NO COLOR, JUST SWEAT)
3. Add chili flake until a paste-like consistency is formed
4. Add crawfish tails and W. wine. Reduce by 80%.
5. Mount with butter. Add saffron and season.
6. Place in Chili bowl and torch goat cheese for 3 seconds (no color, just slightly melted).
7. Garnish with green onion tops and crostinis.