- 1 ½ lb. Salmon filet*
- ½ cup Texas on the Plate Bodacious Red Soppin’ Sauce, divided use
- ½ cup unseasoned bread crumbs (“panko” are our favorite)
- ½ cup Smoked almonds, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ottavio Olive or Grapeseed oil
- Optional Garnish: chopped green onions
The crunch almond topping is the perfect addition to salmon. This recipe is healthy, delicious…and easy to make! Thanks to HEB Cooking Connection! Try this with the Oaxacan Creamed Corn and “Nacho Mama’s Beans.”
Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with foil and place salmon on foil, skin side down. Brush 2-3 tablespoons of Bodacious Red Soppin’ Sauce on salmon. Finely chop almonds and place in a small bowl with bread crumbs, drizzle with oil and toss to lightly coat crumbs. Top salmon with almond/crumb mixture to form a crust. Cook fish for 10-15 minutes depending on thickness of filet. A good rule of thumb is 10 minutes total cooking time over medium high heat for every inch of thickness. Top with additional Bodacious sauce and garnish if desired.
*Also work great on chicken breast or thighs!