- 6 cups Fredericksburg peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lavender sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 6 scoops vanilla bean ice cream
While the Texas Hill Country is well known for its peaches, it is becoming increasingly known for its lavender farms as well. Both peaches and lavender* come into season at the same time and this recipe makes use of both of them in a delicious fashion.
This dish matches absolutely perfectly with Alphonse Dotsons “Gotas de Oro” Muscat Canelli. In fact, it is a match made in heaven!
1. Place peaches in a 9 inch square pan.
2. Sprinkle with lemon juice and then drizzle with honey.
3. In medium bowl, mix together remaining ingredients using a pastry blender or fork.
4. Sprinkle mixture evenly over peaches.
5. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown.
6. Serve warm topped with ice cream.
*Lavender sugar can be found in certain gourmet shops, online sources or can be easily made by combining ½ cup granulated sugar with 2 tesapoons culinary lavender flowers in a spice grinder.