All of your favorite things whipped into one! Wine milkshakes have become incredibly popular…the combinations are endless. Believe it or not, they’re just as good with beer too. These are a couple of my current faves…
Play around with the ingredients, there are no wrong answers here — just some simple recipes to revel in!
Flirt With This Milkshake
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 3 oz Flirt wine (name of wine with very cute Audrey Hepburn ‘eyes’ on the label)
- 1/4 c fresh fruit – strawberries or fresh dark cherries are awesome!
Put ingredients in blender and enjoy! Flirt is a wonderful Napa wine…an alluring blend of Syrah, Tempranillo and Zinfandel with flavors of juicy red plum, baked cherry spice and cherry cola layered with vanilla and butterscotch. It’s devilishly delicious. Don’t talk — just taste!
Burger Shack Klondike Milkshake
- 2 Klondike bars
- 3 oz Breckenridge Vanilla Porter beer
Put ingredients in blender and enjoy! Breckenridge’s Vanilla Porter has all the chocolate and roasted nut flavor of a classic Porter, with an enigmatic surprise thrown in for good measure; a smooth, roasted chocolate ale with a creamy vanilla finish that goes splendid with those classic Klondike Bars!
Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Port
- 2 c Reese’s Ice Cream (you could use chocolate ice cream and add Reese’s to it)
- 2 oz Tawny Port
- 1 Generous squirt of chocolate syrup
Put all ingredients in blender and enjoy! The Tawny is typically sweet, and often served as a dessert wine. Paired with Reese’s, it finds a marvelous companion.