Everything truly is bigger and better in Texas…as a native Texan I can attest to that!
And, when it comes to delicious home grown foods, there’s a bounty right in our backyard.
Go Texan Chef Randy Evans, owner of Haven Restaurant, is all about local – nearly every single dish on his menu is sourced in Texas. You may remember Chef Evans from his days at Brennan’s Restaurant before the fire back in 2008 during Hurricane Ike.
In this video, Chef Evans shows you how to prepare Wild Brown Gulf Shrimp with a delicious Worcester based sauce with sweet Texas onions… all served over our very own Texas grown rice. After you watch the video, get the recipe.
More about Texas Sweet Onions…
- Onions are Texas’ leading vegetable crop.
- Texas designated sweet onion as the official state vegetable in 1997.
- Most famous onion, the”Texas 1015,” usually planted October 15
More about Wild Brown Gulf Shrimp…
- Recognized for their robust flavor
- Most commonly captured off the coast of Louisiana and Texas
More about Texas Dairy…
- Visit: www.GoTexan.org