H-E-B’s Burger Bash!

Print Friendly

3 Salmon burgersTired of the same old burger? Then check out these healthy, delicious new salmon burgers from H-E-B. Talk about good taste – Italian Bruschetta Burgers with Tomatoes and Parmesan, Fiesta Jalapeno Cheddar Burgers chock-full of zesty spice and rich cheese…and that’s just for starters! All the work’s done for you. Your job? Toss ‘em on the grill.

Each one of these delicious burgers are made fresh daily, saving you valuable cooking time that you can spend on choosing something fun to drink. We liked Saint Arnold’s ‘Weedwacker’ with these burgers. BTW, you might call your HEB Seafood Dept. before you head out to be sure they have the burgers. If they don’t have any prepared, I’m told they can make them for you. Enjoy!

Logo - H-E-B

H-E-B

15 Responses to H-E-B’s Burger Bash!

Robert J. Baczynski says: July 31, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Why would you be recommending these salmon burgers? Are they that good?

They are using panko bread crumbs as a filler when make the burgers. When you estimate the cost per pound you are paying $11 per pound for a salmon, panko, pico de gallo, cheese and seasonings burger mix. And the cuts of salmon being used to make the burgers are the tail-pieces and trim off the salmon fillets – not the center cuts. For $4 dollars you can but a 7 oz. cener-cut of 100% salmon fillet with better nutritional value and no fillers.

Doesn’t sound like a high nutrition good value to me. Are you sure it’s a good deal?

I’ve checked salmon burger recipes on the web and none of them call for panko fillings to bind the salmon together into burgers. I also haven’t seen any nutritional information published on these burgers. Do you know where I could find this?

I woold really like your feedback on these burgers since I am currently a seafood manager at an Austin HEB who doesn’t agree with these burgers being a good value.

Tanji says: July 31, 2011 at 11:09 pm

They are good….with the sauces especially. They’re also a healthy alternative to beef. Have you tried them?

Sherrie says: August 1, 2011 at 9:39 pm

They are great when you don’t feel like cooking and want something fast. I’ve had both and will do it again. Overall it’s more expensive but alot less than going to a restaurant, in my opinion.

Kat Jacoby says: October 19, 2011 at 7:08 pm

I agree with you, Tanji, and one of your commentors; I love to cook and love a fresh salmon steak but after long days of work, these cook up so fast and easily. They are delicious alone or as a burger. I have been a fan of these since they first started doing them at HEB. The spicy ones are my fav. Even my husband, who does not like salmon, has become a huge fan. As for me, I haven’t met a salmon I didn’t like!

Lisa DeMay says: November 17, 2011 at 2:38 am

I came across this posting tonight. Has anyone yet to find out the answer about them? I love them And also, what kind of cheese is in the pico ones? is it cheddar?

Lauren says: December 19, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I’ll agree that these are pretty good and the main value is justified in the ease of not having to actually make them (though actually making them isn’t too difficult either, but sometimes I don’t make the time to do so).

I’d really like the nutrition info on these as well – I wish HEB would make it available..

Tim says: April 27, 2012 at 2:43 am

These salmon burgers are incredibly delicious! And so easy for a quick supper with a salad.
BUT, with no nutrition info, we’ve wondered why they raise the blood glucose level incredibly higher than we expect. We’re food-controlled diabetics, monitoring blood glucose @ 2 hrs after a meal. Way too high. Must be the bread crumbs listed on this blog. This is good info. Still, they’re healthy, we just need to eat them on weekends as a mid-day meal–not after work at 7 PM. They’re worth the trade-off! HEB at Colonnade will NOT make them if they’re out for the day. Sad.

Tim says: April 27, 2012 at 2:47 am

Additional thought–another version is a cheese variety (we found in the winter months, not the “fiesta jalapeno”) but those stopped in February. They were easier on the blood sugars.

Amber says: May 10, 2012 at 9:28 pm

I came accross these in the Corpus Christi store, but they don’t make them in any of our three HEB stores in Harlingen, TX. How can we get them here?

Tanji says: May 13, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Talk to your butcher and store manager and let them know you’d like to see them in your HEB :) Good luck!

Wills Texas says: May 19, 2012 at 4:39 am

Maybe if they put in enough spices you can’t taste the fish? I sure hope so! But the HEB burgers are generally fantastic, so I don’t doubt that they can do wonders with this.

JoAnna Nouis says: February 19, 2013 at 7:11 pm

I love these salmon burgers! I am really watching what I eat and that always means more fish for me. I would really love to have the nutrition information for these burgers but I would be happy with just the calories at this point!

Ann says: April 4, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Bought “Salmon Burger, Atlantic Bruschetta, 6 oz. in College Station last night. Prepared them as said & cooked them on the grill for lunch today, but kept them on the fire a few minutes longer. They were fantastic!!! Give me the choice of a steak or these, and I’ll choose these. I would like to know the amount of calories, carbs & etc.