Ralph ‘the Wine Guy’ at H-E-B has some wonderful wine suggestions this month. A velvety smooth red that’s perfect for a cozy night in front of a fire, and some fun sparklings to put you in a festive mood. Also, Chef Elizabeth with HEB’s Cooking Connections shows you how easy it is to prepare a rib roast… a great dish for your holiday meals.
Ralph’s Wine Picks
- Conn Creek Herrick Red (Approx. $20)
- This Napa blend is velvety smooth. You’ll taste black cherries, blackberries and even a hint of plum. This is a wonderful Bordeaux blend perfect for a steak, rack of lamb or even a good old-fashioned hamburger.
- Riondo Proseco (Approx. $10)
- This Italian sparkling wine is a nice, inexpensive party pleaser. It’s delightful by itself, but it also makes a yummy Bellini or Mimosa.
- Emeri (Approx. $10)
- This is a cool find…a sparkling Sauvignon Blanc. It’s dry, not sweet and very light. Thank you Ralph for discovering such a unique sparkler just in time for the holidays.