I’ve interviewed tons of TV personalities over the years — some impressed me, others disappointed me. Lidia Bastianich is an impeccable pro! The warm, enthusiastic, passionate ‘Lidia’ you see on PBS is the exact person who came to my house to shoot a cooking segment. I answered the ring at my door, and felt like I was greeting an old friend.
She was incredibly warm and friendly, and her passion for Italy and its amazing food were contagious. I’ve got more on her visit in my blog, Tanjents. Meantime, enjoy her wonderful cooking demonstrations here… And, check out her delicious chicken dish and chocolate dessert in my recipe section. You’ll also want to see her new cookbook Lidia Cooks from the Heart of Italy — wonderful recipes! Many of them pair nicely with the Bastianich wines too.
Win a Trip to Fabulous New York City
No time for shuteye in the city that never sleeps! Goodtaste.tv is sending one Grand Prize Winner (and a guest of their choice) back to the Big Apple. You’ll spend three nights in the lap of luxury at the Sherry-Netherland – a historic, five-star hotel located just off 5th Avenue. It’s my absolute favorite place to stay whenever I visit!
Qualify to win by signing up for our Goodtaste newsletter below. Our winner will also receive an autographed cookbook (not the one pictured) from celebrity chef Lidia Bastianich!
To enter to win this fantastic NYC Getaway, sign up here:
- Stay three (3) nights at the Sherry Netherland on 781 5th Avenue New York, NY 10022.
- Win two (2) roundtrip tickets, courtesy of Corporate Travel Planners
Contest details can be found here.
New York City Getaway 2014 – Official Rules
No purchase necessary.
- To Enter: Sweepstakes runs from 08/06/14 at 7:00 a.m. CT through 11/06/14 at 6:00 p.m. CT. To enter without purchase or obligation, complete guestbook entry on the sweepstakes page at www.Goodtaste.tv. All entries become property of the Sponsor. Entries must be received by 6:00 p.m. CT on 11/06/14. Only one entry per person. No photocopied, mechanically, or electronically reproduced entries accepted. You will begin receiving newsletters from Goodtaste.tv. You are under no obligation to continue receiving them and can unsubscribe at any time.
- Drawing: On or about 11/06/14, a random drawing from all eligible entries received will be conducted by Goodtaste.tv. There will be one (1) Grand-Prize winner who will be notified by e-mail and/or phone on or about 72 hours after the random drawing takes place. That winner will have 72 hours to respond. If no response, an alternate winner will be chosen. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- Prize: One (1) Grand Prize consisting of roundtrip airfare for two (2) people on scheduled service from the airport nearest the winner’s residence to New York City, NY (actual retail value approx. $700); three (3) nights’ accommodations at the Sherry Netherland in a one bedroom suite (based on availability) (estimated retail value $1800). The approximate retail value of the prize awarded is $2500. Hotel accommodations do not include meals, incidentals, tips, telephone calls, or any other personal expenses incurred during the trip not specified here.
- Travel must be completed by 11/06/15. Blackout dates and restrictions apply. No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers of prize permitted by winner. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prize or portion of the prize with similar prize of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability. Corporate Travel Planners (CTP) requires a 90 day advance booking in order to have a better chance of securing seats for your preferred destinations. These tickets have LIMITED availability due to select airline booking class. CTP does not black-out holidays, but it is very difficult to secure space during peak travel times. Void if lost or stolen. No cash value. No upgrades available. Must travel on same itinerary. Does not include processing fees. Instant purchase certificate. Original certificate required at time of booking. Certificate cannot be bartered or re-sold. No extension.
- Eligibility: Sweepstakes open to all legal U.S. residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, with the exception of Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and where prohibited by law. Must be 21 years or older as of 11/06/14. Sweepstakes subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and accept decisions of the Sponsor as final. The promotion is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Employees of Goodtate.tv/Bliss Productions, United Airlines, Inc., Starwood Hotels, Corporate Travel Planners, their collective subsidiaries and affiliates, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings, and their respective spouses), and individuals living in the same households of such Employees are ineligible.
- To Claim Prize: Winner will be notified via e-mail and/or phone, and will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release, which must be returned within fourteen (14) days after receipt or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If prize notification letter or prize is returned undeliverable or unclaimed, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing. Grand Prize winner’s guest must execute a Liability Release, and, where legal, Publicity Release prior to the issuance of travel documents. If guest is under eighteen (18) years of age, a parent or a legal guardian must sign on behalf of guest.
- Limitation of Liability: Neither Sponsors Goodtaste.tv/Bliss Productions, Sherry Netherland, Corporate Travel Planners nor their affiliated entities are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any sweepstakes-related materials; stolen, fraudulent, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, altered, or illegible entries; or entries that are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone failure of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmission whether caused by Sponsor, user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the process of submissions which may limit a participant’s ability to participate in this promotion. Winner is solely responsible for payment of all federal, state, and local taxes on prize and for any travel or other expenses not specifically mentioned in prize description. Sponsor is not responsible for any damages or injury incurred by contestant as a result of winning. Prizes are non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. By accepting prize, winner grants Sponsor the right to use his/her name and/or likeness, for any advertising and/or promotional purposes without further compensation or permission unless prohibited by law. Winner is responsible for his/her own transportation to an origin city with scheduled flight service to New York City, New York. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failure compromises the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By entering this sweepstakes, all entrants agree to these Official Rules and that Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from the sweepstakes in their sole discretion, and the determination of the winner is final.
- Winners’ List: Please visit www.goodtaste.tv on or about 07/07/14 to view posted winners’ list.
- Sponsors: Goodtaste.tv/Bliss Productions, San Antonio, Texas.
Administrator: Bliss Productions, 6338 N. New Braunfels #341, SAT 78209