Looking for a place to celebrate New Year’s Eve? Maybe a quiet dinner or dinner/party combo? With all of the new restaurants in town there are lots of choices. I’ve selected a few you might be interested in. Also, I have an idea for New Year’s Day.
- Coco’s – What a fun place this is, and New Year’s will be no exception. Coco’s is throwing a Moulin Rouge party. It’s $45 p/person for a three course early seating and then $85 per person for seating after 9 pm that features a Moulin Rouge Extravaganza with live entertainment. Philippe’s menu looks fabulous (as always) and includes a choice of filet mignon, halibut and fois gras. If you’re an escargot fan, I think these are the best I’ve had. 210-491-4480 for reservations.
- Francesca’s at Sunset at the Westin La Cantera – This is a beautiful restaurant where you can always count on outstanding cuisine. First seating from 6p – 7:30 is $80 per person, and second seating begins at 8p and is $110 per person. Chef Ernie Estrada is offering an elegant menu that includes duck breast carpaccio, lobster tails and veal w/chanterelles. And they’ll be toasting in style with Perrier Jouet’s Cuvee Fleur de Champagne 1999. Live music by the Almost Heaven Trio. For reservations call Milan at 210-558-2253.
- Support El Rey Feo! Dick Tipps and Ernesto Ancira are hosting a New Year’s Eve party at the historic Fairmont Hotel. Prices start at $75 per person. Charlie Garza is El Rey Feo LXI, and all donations are tax deductable. For more information call 210-494-0561.
- Copa Wine Bar - If you’re looking for a welcoming, relaxing atmosphere with a great wine selection and incredible pizzas, head to Copa’s. They’re featuring a variety of ‘Sliders’ (mini-hamburgers) New Year’s Eve. For more info call 210-495-2672.
- Soleil Bistro – This is a charming, cozy restaurant where the food is always good. Their New Year’s Eve menu is $50 per person, and it looks delish! Lobster ravioli, bacon wrapped filet w/lobster among the choices. Early seating available. Reservations required. 210-408-2670
- Morton’s – If you don’t like the pre-determined event menus at most restaurants on New Year’s then stick with what you know to be consistently good. Morton’s is offering its regular menu—those delicious steaks and decadent colossal crab cakes. They are also featuring an interesting glass of champagne with a hibiscus flower than literally opens before your eyes! For reservations call 210-228-0700.
There are many more options around town, so whatever you choose-even if it’s the peace and quiet of your own living room which is often my favorite – enjoy!
By the way, New Year’s Day my friend Blanca Aldaco’s new restaurant in Stone Oak is OPEN from 11-9. It’s Aldaco’s at Stone Oak with a beautiful patio that sports a great view of the entire city!